The Country Music Association has unveiled its 2017 Broadcast Award winners. They are:
2017 CMA Broadcast Personality of the Year Winners
- National – “The Bobby Bones Show” (Bobby Bones, Amy Brown, “Lunchbox” Dan Chappell, and Eddie Garcia) – iHeartMedia
- Major Market – “Mike & Amy” (Mike Chase and Amy Faust) – KWJJ, Portland, Ore.
- Large Market – “Amanda and Jesse” (Amanda Valentine and Jesse Tack) – WUBE, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Medium Market – “Cash and Bradley” (Natalie Cash and Matt Bradley) – KWEN, Tulsa, Okla.
- Small Market – “Officer Don and DeAnn” (Don Evans and DeAnn Stephens) – WBUL, Lexington-Fayette, Ky.
2017 CMA Radio Station of the Year Winners
- Major Market – WIL – St. Louis, Mo.
- Large Market – WQDR – Raleigh-Durham, N.C.
- Medium Market – WIVK – Knoxville, Tenn.
- Small Market – WYCT – Pensacola, Fla.
The categories are established by market size based on population as ranked by Nielsen. Entries for Broadcast Personality of the Year are judged on aircheck, ratings, community involvement, and biographical information. Candidates for Station of the Year are judged on aircheck, ratings, community involvement, and format leadership.
CMA members who are full-time, on-air personalities and CMA member radio stations in the United States and Canada were eligible. The entries are judged by a panel of distinguished broadcast professionals, representing all market sizes and regions.
CMA Broadcast Awards winners are not eligible to enter in consecutive years; therefore, those who received trophies in 2016 were not eligible in 2017. The professional services organization Deloitte & Touche LLP tabulates scoring by the judges.
Winners will be recognized at “The 51st Annual CMA Awards” on Wednesday, Nov. 8 (8:00-11:00 PM/ET) and broadcast live on the ABC Television Network from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood return to host “Country Music’s Biggest Night.™”