Don’t Ditch The Radio Just Yet!
Edison Research’s “Share of Ear” is the gold standard for understanding how Americans consume audio. The report quantifies the reach and time spent with of all forms of audio. The latest Westwood One blog posting lists key takeaways from the recently released Q2 2017 Share of Ear study, which is now releasing data semiannually.
According to Reasearch Analyst Brittany Faison at Cumulus | Westwood OneAM/FM radio continues to be the most reliable media outlet for advertisers:
- AM/FM radio remains the centerpiece of audio
- Pandora is down while AM/FM radio is stable
- Streaming grows at the expense of owned music, not AM/FM radio
- Pandora reaches few Americans
- AM/FM radio is still the king of the road